Just a couple of weeks ago I posted a smokey metallic makeup look that I wore to my husband’s work Christmas party. By the time my work party rolled around, I was ready to mix it up. I wanted to play with some colour and ended up with a very intense, bold and festive makeup look.
What I used to get this look:
- Super Rollers to turn my bone straight hair into soft curly hair
- Fame Lip Enhancing Gloss by Smashbox
- MUFE HD Foundation in shade 118
- Erase Paste concealer/brightener by benefit
- Pink Powder Blush from Too Faced’s Natural Face Palette
- The red eyeshadow portion is made up of one shade: Basic Red Pigment by MAC Cosmetics
- The green eyeshadow portion consists of Kelly, Bio Green and Bottle Green eyeshadows all by MAC Cosmetics
- Brule eyeshadow by MAC as my brow bone highlight
- To finish off my eyeshadow, I used Avon’s silver liquid eye liner all over my eye shadow to glam up the look and make it nice and sparkly for the party
- For eye liner I am using Kat Von D’s tattoo liner in Trooper on the top and for my waterline I used tarte’s skinny smoldereyes pencil in Onyx
- They’re Real! mascara by benefit
- And for my lashes, I knew with a big bright look, I needed big bold lashes – so I went for the biggest ones I own, my “Lacies” by Ardell
How about you, are you being adventurous with your makeup this holiday season?
I really hope you all like this fun makeup look for Christmas! After all there is really only one time of year that this makes any sort of sense at all and that is right now, during the holidays! I’m sure some people would argue that there is no time of year that this look makes any sense haha…but I had a lot of fun with it regardless and I do believe that is the point!! So make sure you remember to have a little fun too. 😉
Thanks for reading!
So, it’s Saturday night and a couple of friends came over. We had an urge to play with some bright makeup but my friend was suffering from an eye allergy so we improvised. I did the eye makeup and she did the lip makeup. We hope you enjoy our Watermelon Makeup and Adventures in Candyland!
For Her Lips
She used Make Up Forever Pure Pigment in No 12. (Extremely hot pink) Using a clear gloss and lip brush she mixed the pigment into the gloss and applied all over the bottom lip and half way up the top lip. Using Sephora’s Crayon Jumbo 12H lip pencil in green she filled in the top portion of her lip (you can see what I am referring to here). Then with a black liquid eyeliner she created seeds along her bottom lip to complete the Watermelon Lips Look.
For Shannon’s Eyes
Starting out with Mary Kay Eye Primer all over the lids, I quickly started covering the entire lid in the Make Up Forever Pure Pigment No 12 (the same one that was used in the lips above). I used Lime Eyeshadow from the Pro line of MAC to create a thick heavy line under my eye. I then used the same green jumbo Sephora crayon that were used on the lips to create the dual toned textured look for the watermelon rind. The Lime eyeshadow seemed a little too light, so I then took Kelly Eyeshadow from the Pro line of MAC to blend into the jumbo crayon and make the lines look a little less harsh. Topping off the look with black eyeliner, mascara and false lashes – the Watermelon eye makeup was complete.
We wanted to incorporate some fruit into our pictures, but all we had here around the house were bananas…and well, that just wasn’t going to happen. So we scrounged up some Runts to add a “splash” of colour and had ourselves some fun.
I am not sure you could’ve had a better Saturday night then we did. We highly recommend giving yourself a Candy Shower at the next possible convenience.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!