Well, I’m sure this post isn’t coming as a shocker to any of you. I’ve always been a sucker for value sets, gifts with purchases and the Sephora Favorite samplers.
Draw the Line is the 2012 eyeliner sampler from Sephora featuring 3 full size products and 3 deluxe minis.
This set allows you to “Flick, drag, sweep, or smudge with cream, liquid or pencil. Create countless looks with this essential black eyeliner kit.” Available on-line or in-store this set retails for $28.00 US ($82.00 value) or $34.00 CAD ($98.00 value).
I was really excited when I saw this eyeliner sampler. I’ve been on the hunt for a new liquid eyeliner (felt tip) as well as something that will work on my waterline. As lovely as MAC’s fluidline glides across your lid, it has never worked well on my waterline. In under an hour after application I will have little chunks flaking off and creating a mess under my eyes. So now, I have a new gel liner (that is actually waterproof) as well as a couple of waterproof pencils I can put to the test.
Let’s take a closer look at the products inside:
- Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in “Midnight Black”. At 3.4g/12oz this is one of the three full size products. A cream eye liner like this is the favourite of many, it offers a similar look to a crisp liquid liner, but is easier to apply. It does require an eyeliner brush though, which is not included. Sold individually, this product would be $22.00 US or $27.00 CAD. 7 different shades available on-line or in-store.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterpoof Liquid Eyeliner in shade “Perversion”. At 1.7ml this is the second of the full size products. It is a classic liquid eye liner brush, not a felt tip applicator. If you have a steady hand you can create gorgeous precise lines with this one. This product, when sold individually is $19.00 US or $23.00 CAD. 11 different shades available on-line or in-store for this cult favorite. And after just two products in , we’ve already blown the cost of this sampler set out of the water. I love a good deal!
- Sephora Collection’s Waterproof Retractable Eyeliner in shade “09 Glitter Black” is the last of the three full size products at 0.31g. It is a vibrant black with tiny silver specks of glitter. It comes with a smudger on the bottom end as well if you are going for a more blended effect. This one is available in a mere 22 shades and can be purchased on-line or in-store for $12.00 US or $16.00 CAD.
- Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in shade “Trooper”. This was the first product I reached for when I took off the plastic. The felt tip pen makes drawing on perfect lines quick and easy. The super fine tip makes any touch ups a breeze. This water resistant product is designed for application on the face and the body. The full size product is approximately 3 times the size of this deluxe sample and retails for $18.00 US or $22.00 CAD. You can purchase here or in-store and choose from 5 different shades.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil is a favorite amongst beauty addicts and make up artists alike. This award winning product also doubles as a vibrant eye shadow. I was excited to try this matte black liner on my waterline and I’ve got to say it held up very well, with almost no signs of wear after several hours. Aqua eyes full size pencils retail for $18.00 US or $20.00 CAD and come in 25 different colors.
- Buxom Insider Eyeliner in “Black Jasper” is a black metallic, retractable, velvety liner.Its gentle design is tailored for application of the inner rims of your eyes. This liner contains antioxidants and vitamins to protect this delicate area. (I know, I know, I should’ve read this and tried this one first!) It is definitely next on my list to try out on my waterline. I might even try tight-lining for the first time! It makes it sound like such a lovely prospect! The full size Buxom Insider eyeliners can be purchased on-line and in-store for $14.00 US and $18.00 CAD. 8 shades give you some affordable options if you are wanting to pick this up.
I’ve swatched them all next to each other here so you can see the differences in opacity and thickness:
(click to enlarge)
I really am so impressed with the value of this set. For a bunch of black eyeliners…you really do get the best of everything. You have a wide variety of products with unique purposes…and you can’t beat the price no matter how you look at it.
What is your favorite black eyeliner that you can’t live without? Every girl has got to have at least one!
I have full swatches of their lip sampler “Give Me Some Lip” as well for anyone interested.