A few weeks ago I picked up the “Give Me Some Lip” set from Sephora’s website. I love trying new products and I always find that Sephora’s pre-made sampler kits are a great way to do that. You get to try new brands and shades that might be outside your comfort zone, or price range. You don’t need to spend an arm and a leg, or invest in full size products that you end up wanting nothing to do with.
The set comes in a small glossy pink “book” with a shimmery ribbon on the right hand side that you can tie to keep it closed.
Full Ingredient List (click to englarge):
When you untie the ribbon, you can open it up to find your six products tucked away neatly.
The “Give Me Some Lip” set contains:
- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment (very sheer berry rose)
- 0.12 oz Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child (sheer nude)
- 0.1 oz Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Vintage (sheer mauve/plum)
- 0.1 oz Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Baby Doll (soft pink gloss with lots of shimmer)
- 0.1 oz Tarte LipSurgence™ Natural Matte Lip Tint in Hope (warm rose shade)
- 0.5 oz Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss in Precious Pink (described as a very sheer pink with iridescent shimmer)
That is 2 full size products and 4 travel sized products. This lip sampler of Sephora Favorites can be purchased on-line for $30.00 CAD or $25.00 US. The Tarte product itself retails for $31.00 CAD or $24.00 US. So really, think of it as buying one of those…and getting everything else for free!
I want to take a closer look at all the products and shades here, to help you decide if this value set is truly for you.
Let’s start with the Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment by Fresh:
- This was my first product by Fresh and I’ve got to say that it is just lovely. I finally understand what all the fuss is about! It is so soft, it almost melts onto your lips as you apply it (no need to press hard with this product). This lip treatment leaves your lips feeling hydrated with a pretty, natural, subtle tint. It is also SPF 15, so that is a nice added bonus too! The scent that accompanies this lip product is sweet like fruit yet lightly floral.
Next up let’s look at Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in “Hope”:
- This is my second LipSurgence product from Tarte and I love it just as much as my other one. I find this shade very wearable for the everyday. The nice matte finish doesn’t make it too intense, but “Hope” still adds a nice deep colour to your lips. All of their LipSurgence products have a slight minty scent to them (to me they smell exactly like dental floss) and have a long hydrating wear time.
Now for, Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in “Child”:
- This is a fantastic nude lip gloss that glides on sheer and softens your natural lip colour while adding a nice neutral shine. It has a very light scent of vanilla to it and has a flexible flat-sided sponge applicator that was soft and comfortable against my lips. I see myself getting a lot of use out of this for bold eye make-up that calls for a nice soft and subtle lip.
Laura Mercier Lip Glace:
- Babydoll is a nice pink shimmer gloss with a lot of shimmer and sparkle that comes with a sweet dessert smell. The sponge applicator is angled and stiff which makes application quick and efficient with little room for error. I think “Babydoll” is a nice complimentary shade to go with a variety of skin tones and make-up styles and preferences.
Bite Lip Shine in “Vintage”:
- The light scent that goes along with “Vintage” I can only describe as a black cherry, or a spicy cherry of sorts- it is definitely sweet, but has a little bit of punch as well. This lip shine is a gorgeous sheer mauve/plum shade that basically deepened my natural lip colour and added shine. It has a really nice consistency and I love the natural richness of it on.
Last but not least, Sephora’s Glossy Gloss in “Precious Pink”:
- This product is by far the glossiest of the set, I definitely see where it gets its name “Glossy Gloss”. This sheer soft pink gloss basically goes on clear and contains a great deal of iridescent shimmer. Your lips will feel soft and slippery, look plump and smell like watermelon. This is a great everyday gloss, especially for the summer months.
(In the same order as shown above)
All in all, for the price I’m really happy with this multi branded value set. I find it offers a nice variety of shades as well as textures – I really have no complaints with this purchase and am really glad I bought it!
Is there a certain brand from this sampler set that you love/hate? I’d love to hear about your favourite lip products for the season!
P.S. Here is a look using “Hope” LipSurgence natural matte lip tint by Tarte: