Convertible Color by Stila: in shade “Poppy”
There are so many versatile products that can be used on both your lips and cheeks, whether it be a true lip stain or a cream product, so it can be hard to know which one to try. I opted for the Convertible Color line by Stila. It is a cream like blush that can also be used on the lips.
Size: 0.15 oz/4.25g
US $: 25.00
CAD $: 33.00
If you are a resident of Japan or the USA, you can purchase online at Stila Cosmetics where they have 9 different shades available. Or, if you have access to a Sephora, Convertible Color is available there as well, with 7 different shades to choose from (Gerbera and Rose not being available at Sephora). Given my colorings, I wanted a bit of a bolder shade, so I chose Poppy, a berry red.
How to apply:
Dab the cream onto your cheekbone and gently blend into your skin with your finger. Press into lips.
- This product is non-greasy, glides on easily and creates a natural fresh look.
- The product is sheer, but build-able so you can create a look as bold or as natural looking as you like.
- Having a built in compact makes application or touch-ups on the go easy and convenient.
- I didn’t find this product at all drying on my cheeks or lips.
- Because it leaves a nice light stain on your lips, you can use it to enhance your natural lip colour and layer a gloss on top if you want a shinier or glittery appearance.
- With a darker shade like Poppy, I found I needed to touch up my lips fairly often to maintain an even look throughout the day (thank goodness for the mirror).
- The finger you use to apply the product will have a slight red stain to it.
Even though the price tag is a bit steep (about 9 CAD dollars more than if you wanted to purchase a cream blush at MAC Cosmetics – and less product) with the Convertible Color line by Stila, you are able to create a perfect monochromatic look, which isn’t always easy with mix and match products. So depending on your collection of blushes and lip products, this might be excessive for you to pick up. But if you are just starting to grow your make-up collection, it might be a very convenient and versatile 2-in-1 product that you get a lot of use of.
Do you have a combo product like this that you swear by?
Thanks for reading!