a NEON manicure for the TIGRESS in you
I love bright funky manicures and with the purchase of my new Konad Nail Plates, I couldn’t help but create something wild.
What you’ll need:
- Nail lacquers to use as your base. I chose to use three colours.
- A nail lacquer thick enough to use for your pattern. I am using Konad Special Polish in black.
- Your plate of choice. I’m using M57, a konad nail plate featuring mainly animal print designs.
- The stamp.
- The scraper.
- Nail Polish remover.
- A couple of cotton balls and q-tips.
- Paint your nails with your base colour(s). I started out by doing a stripe down the centre of my nail in Solar Flare by Nina Ultra Pro (a very neon fluorescent yellow). You don’t need to worry about how straight it is, because you will be going over the edges with your other shades.
- Then add another colour to the outside of each finger nail. (Again, not the biggest deal if your lines aren’t perfectly straight. Once you are completely done your manicure, the focus will be on the stripes, not how straight the lines are underneath.)
- And then of course, take your third colour and add it to the inside of each finger nail. At this point, your nails should be completely painted.
- Next step is the stamping of your zebra print/tiger stripes on top. For a full picture tutorial on nail stamping, please visit my post Konad Nail Stamping. Lay your plate on a piece of paper towel.
- Cover your design with your special Konad nail polish.
- Use your scraper to clear off all of the extra polish.
- Press your stamp onto the plate design.
- Roll the stamp onto your nail, transferring the design. If you have short nails like I do, the pattern will get all over your skin as well. (Don’t worry, it is easy to clean off afterwards using a q-tip and some nail polish remover.)
- Using a cotton ball with some nail polish remover on it, clean the plate, scraper and stamp before repeating for each nail. (This might seem tedious, but I promise, it only takes about 10 minutes to stamp all of your nails.)
- Once all of your nails are complete, clean up the skin surrounding your nails and apply a top coat. I used Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
This manicure is super bright and fun. And I love the endless combinations with something like this. You can change the colours underneath; how many you use, the direction you apply them…there is just so much you can do! What do you guys think of the finished look?