All About Eyes Palette
I’m sure you all can tell by now that I am a makeup addict. This addiction usually results in many MAC and Sephora purchases. But every once in a while the draw of the inexpensive drugstore product calls to me as I am sneaking through…just trying to get one thing and get out! It isn’t my fault…it herds you right through the cosmetic section before you can even get to the other section of the store.
This “All About Eyes” Palette by Quo was available at Shoppers Drug Mart for a whopping $20 just prior to the holidays. You can’t even get two MAC eyeshadows for that price…so I figured why not?!
Let’s take a look and see what these look like.
For reference sake, seeing as these colours don’t have names. Let’s number them like this:
Top Row: 1,2,3,4,5
Bottom Row: 6,7,8,9,10
Colours always seem to swatch nicely on the back of your hand, but that doesn’t always mean it will be nice to work with on your eye. So I decided a proper review of this eyeshadow also needed a look from these shades.
*Please also note that I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Blacktrack Fluidline by MAC for eyeliner, Unchanging MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour, Sephora Triple Action Mascara, Margin Blush by MAC as well as Mystery Eyeshadow by MAC to fill in my brows.*
My look ended up looking a lot like my “Zero Gravity Look” but there was a clear difference in the quality of product and ease of use. When it comes to eyeshadow, I truly believe you get what you pay for.
What I noticed about these eyeshadows:
- I had to keep going back for more to get the coverage and colour pigmentation I wanted. Unlike with MAC or Urban Decay, you aren’t just applying once. The colours also don’t layer nicely if you want to lighten one up by using a different shade on top – it was a nightmare trying to get the pigments to show when layering.
- Fantastic large mirror. It is actually functional as a mirror, rather than the tiny shard that you can’t see anything in that comes with most palettes.
- Useless foam brushes – waste of space! I would’ve rather seen a q-tip!
- All in all, I think it is an okay deal for $20. Even if I end up only using 2 of these colours, it will still be worth the money. I wouldn’t however go out of my way to buy one of their larger palettes though. And given my collection of eyeshadow, I don’t imagine I will be reaching for this set anytime soon.
- I would recommend these Quo eyeshadows for if you plan to do either a monolithic eye (only one eyeshadow colour) or a standard two-toned eye. If you try to do too much blending or funky layering, you won’t end up noticing the extra work in the finished look at all.
I hope you found this useful!