Too Faced ~Day Dreamer Look~
Nothing like a lazy weekend to give you time to experiment and play with your new toys. For some that is a new tablet, netbook, kitchen gadget or camera. For me it is just my new makeup palette. Over the past two years I have developed a very fun, sometimes pricey, hobby. What I love about makeup is it allows you to be creative and express how you are feeling. Sometimes that is bold, fun and a little crazy and other times it might be more simple and soft as you go through the routine everyday life tends to offer. I think the latter is what “Too Faced” was thinking when they put together the look “Day Dreamer”. It is soft, pretty and simple – absolutely perfect for the everyday.
For this look:
- First I dusted Chocolate Soleil Bronzer all across my face and down onto my neck.
- I applied Cocoa Rose Blush to the apples of my cheeks.
- Filled in my brows with MAC’s Mystery Eyeshadow.
- Applied Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance primer all over my lids and up to my brows.
- Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I spread Peach Fuzz eyeshadow all over each of my lids.
- Then using a fluffy crease brush I gently blended Teddy Bear eyeshadow into my crease and on the outside edge of the look.
- Using the same fluffy brush, I used In the Buff eyeshadow to highlight just under my brow and on the inside corner of each eye.
- I then took a flat angled eyeliner brush and wet it with my water bottle. Using Lovey Dovey eyeshadow I lined both the top and bottom of my eye.
- I piled on Clinique’s Lash Doubling Mascara.
- And because this is such a soft look I opted for a really shiny lip gloss – Buxom Lips (by Bare Escentuals) in shade “Leslie
What I would change:
If I was going to do this look again, I would make a couple of simple changes. Rather than using the Lovey Dovey eyeshadow as a liner, I would probably use a black liquid or cream eyeliner. I always find that when I do that, it really thickens the appearance of the lashes and makes your eyes pop. But that is just me…I like things a little bit more intense and bold. I would also likely add a small touch of shimmer to the lid by adding a touch of Retrospeck or All that Glitters (both by MAC) on top of the Peach Fuzz.
I hope you guys enjoyed this look – have some fun and make it your own! Thanks to Suzie for requesting this one – it was a lot of fun! ❤
P.S. For an in-depth look at the Too Faced Sweet Dreams Palette, please check out my previous post “Too Faced ~Sweet Dreams~ Sultry Swan Look“